- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 300 minutes
750 g chuck steak, diced
100 g plain flour
2 tbsp morroccan seasoning
1 jar Taylor’s massaman curry
400 ml coconut milk
3 sweet potatoes
3 whole cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in halves
Hand full of beans
1 cup peas
Hand full of fresh basil
4-6 pie pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper
1 cube beef stock
1. Coat the beef in the flour and morrocan seasoning, and brown in a frying pan with oil.
2. Peel and cut the potato, sweet potato and carrots into large chunks.
3. Place the beef, cut vegies (including garlic), massaman, coconut milk and beef stock cube into a slowcooker. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 4-6 hours, in the last hour add the beans, peas and fresh basil.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
6. Line 4-6 non stick pie tins with a pastry sheet each.
7. Once the beef is cooled, fill the pie tin to the top with the filling.
8. Fold the corners of the pastry together, sealing the pie.
9. Brush the top of each pie with the egg.
Cooking and serving:
1. Place in the oven, cook till pastry is golden brown.